I’ve received my second blogging award, this time the Liebster award! Break out the canned…pears! Thank you very much to The Movie Review Dude for nominating me, go check out his wonderful blog if you haven’t already. Also thank you to all the people that read my blog, I never thought anyone would care what I have to say. Doing this blog has been very rewarding (literally apparently).
The Movie Review Dude came up with some great questions and here are my inadequate answers:
1) Name something that inspires you. It can be anything, not necessarily human. Great actors and great characters are what inspire me. They inspire my writing (both reviews as well as some creative writing) as well as my life (Angelina Jolie and her humanitarian missions for example).
2) I’m willing to pay you to blog, so sell yourself: what is the best aspect of your blog? The best aspect of my blog… my readers have a much better idea of that than I do. I would say my attention to detail, I try to give the best reviews that I possibly can.
3) What do you love most? Book, film, TV or other? Very hard to choose here. In general I love movies the most, BUT sometimes there is nothing as amazing as a great TV series.
4) Going by your answer to question three: what was either A the last book you read, B) TV show you binge-watched on Netflix (or illegally downloaded, just don’t say you did) or C) the last film you saw in cinema? If it’s D) other, name the last thing you did with that. I think it’s been about two months since I went to the movie theater, which is odd for me. So I think Focus was the last one I saw.
5) Of that last book / TV show binge / film watched / other thing you did: briefly tell us about it and give the experience a score out of ten. You can just go read my review.
6) Sky-diving, bungee-jumping or para-sailing? Maybe para-sailing.
7) Your house is on fire; your all-time favourite book / TV series / film / other are in the building, along with your treasured family heirlooms, several family members (who have left you a vast fortune in their wills), several cute, baby animals and a phone number belonging to a famous celebrity you so badly want to spend the rest of your life with. You may only choose one; how do you explain leaving the rest behind? This question is really tough! I would scoop up as many baby animals as possible, my Rocket Raccoon pillow, my copy of Anna Karenina (I have written so many notes in it so to me it’s irreplaceable), and then just before dashing out of the house I would grab Liev Schreiber’s phone number.
8) If you could change history and put your name to anything in existence, what would it be and why? Batman. Who wouldn’t want to be like, “Yeah, I created the coolest super hero ever!”
9) What musical act can you just not get enough of right now? Or, what musical act have you just had enough of right now? I don’t listen to pretty much any recent music, I only listen to old stuff. Although I’m kind of excited for Muse’s new album. I’ve been listening to their new song Dead Inside a lot.
10) You are in hospital and terminally ill. You will receive a visit from a person of your choosing. Who is that person and what do you talk about? Assuming that my family are already visiting me I would say Angelina Jolie. Because she’s a saint and she would heal me. And we would talk about life, humanitarian stuff, movies, and Brad Pitt.
11) You’re enjoying a nice, sunny Sunday afternoon at home when there’s a knock at the door. It’s me (don’t ask how you know, you just do) and I’m up for whatever. What are we doing today? Calling the police is not an option. I’m pretty boring so we would hit up a comic book shop then go play pool.
Ok now I have to nominate eight (I cheated, I was supposed to do eleven but that seems like a lot) bloggers so here you go, congrats. No need to do a post if you’ve been nominated recently:
- Justine’s Movie blog
- Movies of the Soul
- The Stub Collector
- The Vern’s Video Vortex
Now, my eight questions for my nominees:
- Rocket or Groot?
- What is your most unique quality? What can you do or what do you have that no one else does? (Does that make sense?)
- Choose one of these actors to marry, one to fuck, one to kill and one to just ignore: Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, and Chris Pine.
- What was the last television show you binge watched?
- Where would you like to travel to the most?
- Goodfellas or The Godfather?
- Robert Deniro or Al Pacino?
- What is the one movie that makes you feel great every time you watch it?
All I really have to say about this is what the fuck. Repeatedly. I love Trainspotting (both the book and the movie) and I love James McAvoy, so I thought I would love Filth as well. But I was very wrong. Filth has it’s good moments. It is very funny at times. And James gives an incredible performance, like nothing else he has ever done. But there was just too much weird shit for me, too many characters, and too many subplots that go nowhere. The screenplay could have benefited greatly from more focus. 4/10 (Sorry for the half-assed review)