This was a good episode, although not the most exciting. If last week was the Laurel episode, this week was the Asher episode. Of all the students Asher (Matt McGorry) has stood out the least. This episode fleshes him out, but at the end of the day he is still a boring character. Although he can dance quite well (and hilariously).
A highlight of the episode for me was the scene in which Annalise tells Sam,“I need you. Don’t you get that?” I like how gradually the show has shown how truly vulnerable and weak Annalise is. Her attitude in the court room and in her public life is a drastic contrast to how she feels on the inside. She has such low self-esteem that she clings to a cheater face husband who may also be a murderer. You can tell in this scene, and it’s because of Viola’s acting, that she hates herself for this weakness. It will be interesting to see how she falls apart when Sam is dead.
• “You’re disgusting. You disgust me!” Wes to Annalise. The look on her face is like her whole world has fallen apart. And I guess it has since no one seems to like her anymore.
• “La-la-la-loser.” Asher made a funny. Haha.
• “The justice system doesn’t always reward the ones that tell the truth, but the ones with the power to make their own.” Sad, but true.
• “’Cause when I filed the petition I didn’t know you were screwing some white whore!” Annalise telling it like it is. When is she really going to crack? We’re getting close. After Sam’s murdered?
• Does Ice Queen aka Bonnie (Liza Weil) always eavesdrop on Annalise and Sam? Methinks she does.
• Speaking of Bonnie she tells Sam “It’s for Annalise. I’d do anything for her.” Bitch, please! If you mean you would screw her husband for her, then yes. Otherwise STFU.
• Wet, half naked Wes answers the door when Annalise comes a knockin’. When are they going to take care of this sexual tension?!
• Annalise tells Wes, “We missed you in class.” By ‘we’ you mean ‘me,’ right, Annalise?
• I like how everyone knows Wes is the teacher’s pet. The kids probably have a betting pool on when Wes and Annalise are going to bone.
• “Wow, someone have daddy issues?” “Someone have a gay fiancé?” Hahaha, I love this little squabble between Michaela and Connor. When are they really going to have it out? My money’s on Connor, by the way.
• Ice Queen tells Laurel to back off of Frank and quit leading him on. And maybe IQ should stop leering at Sam 24/7.
• “You tapping that ass, or what?” Connor to Wes about Rebecca. I love Connor.
• Asher freaks out at everyone, runs towards them, and ends up tripping over a bunch of boxes. Hilarious. I have to agree with Connor when he says, “That’s the best thing I’ve seen in days.”
• I love how hard Annalise goes after that Senator. It gave me goose bumps.
• Annalise’s client gets released pretty quickly. Definitely not how that would go down in the real world.
• Annalise is setting up Lila’s boyfriend for her murder. It’s her way of proving to Wes that she can protect both Sam and Rebecca. But her Boy Toy Cop knows what she’s up to.
• Asher and Bonnie are sleeping together? Whaaaat?????? That came out of nowhere! She is such a hypocrite. Bonnie always rags on Frank for sleeping with the students when she’s as much of a dog as he is. She is quickly becoming my most hated character on this show. I think she may be the true villain on this show, possibly killing Lila because she was jealous of her fling with Sam.